To understand what microwave safe means, you must first understand how microwaves work. Microwaves are electromagnetic waves. When you put foods in your microwave, their electromagnetic waves (microwaves) interact with the molecules in those foods. Water has many molecules and so it interacts strongly with microwaves to generate heat (infrared radiation). This is why water and ice are good at heating up quickly in a microwave. Similarly, metals also have lots of free electrons which allows them to strongly interact with microwaves and generate heat as well. So containers made from these materials heat up quickly and stay hot once removed from a microwave oven.
Foods can be heated in either metal or plastic containers. Metal containers will get hotter than plastic but are less able to stand up to rough handling and repeated use. Plastic containers will not get as hot but they are stronger and more resistant to cracking if dropped or mishandled repeatedly. As long as there is enough room in the container, most any type of food can be heated successfully; even fresh fruits like apples or oranges! Now that we know what Microwave safe packaging do, we can answer the question what does microwave-safe mean? It means that whatever you are heating in your microwave is neither damaged by nor reacts negatively to high-frequency electromagnetic waves. The best way to find out if a product claims to be microwave-safe is by looking at its label or contacting the company directly.
If you're concerned about whether your dishware is truly microwave-safe, check the internet to see what the brand's website says about using their products in a microwave. There are some precautions when using plastic ware: never let it sit in melted or very hot liquids and always use care when removing lids because they may contain steam when warm liquid is added. You should never heat an empty vessel, as this could cause damage to the surface of the dishware, including warping. One last thing: Never try putting a moist towel on top of your dishes inside a microwave because this could produce dangerous amounts of hydrogen gas that might result - even worse - ignite!